QB/Joint Graduate Student Organization
Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics
Spring 2014 Officers:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are interested in any of the positions stated below!
News and Events
Thanks to everyone who came out to the BioMaPS GSO Cookout!
What our students have been doing!
- Four of our students attended and presented at Albany Conversations 18 -- published in the Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, June 11-15th!
- Kenneth McGuinness presented the poster Polymorphic assembly of computationally designed hydrophobic-rich collagen peptides,
- Stefjord Todolli presented the poster A dynamic model for the linker histone,
- Gautam Singh presented the poster Dynamics of the nucleosome core particle revealed from a new database of high resolution X-ray crystallographic and simulated structures,
- and Nicolas Clauvelin presented the poster The synergy between DNA and nucleosomes in chromatin.
- Good job, guys!
- Liyang Diao is currently working with the DIMACS/DIMATIA summer REU (research experience for undergraduates) program at Rutgers in a mentoring role.
- Pawel Janowski publishes in the Journal of the American Chemical Society. Read his paper, Peptide Crystal Simulations Reveal Hidden Dynamics, here. DOI: 10.1021/ja401382y.
- Pawel also gave a talk at the 43rd Mid-Atlantic Macromolecular Crystallography Meeting at Duke University. Congrats, Pawel!
- Gina Moriarty and Maria Janowska published a review article that was very well received on F1000Prime, entitled Exploring the accessible conformations of N-terminal acetylated alpha-synuclein. You can find it here. Congratulations, ladies!
- Erich Kuechler hosts a weekly game night in the Proteomics building (and occasionally in nearby, off-campus venues). For veteran board-gamers and newbies alike, don't hesitate to email him and give it a try!
Please contribute to the News and Events section! Email me with photos, blurbs, papers, posters, and anything else!
Attempts in Understanding alpha-Synuclein Aggregation
4:00PM Thursday, 9 May 2013
Center for Integrative Proteomics 206
Read our constitution
For prospective students
Visit the Rutgers GSA homepage
Link not working? Page isn't there? Something else? Please email
Kenneth McGuinness - kenneth.mcguinness "at" gmail "dot" com